Reality Check: 10 Things Not To Expect
Most people who know me know I'm an eternal optimist and Woman of Faith. I believe if God made me a promise it most certainly will come to past. However, the more I'm on this journey to fulfilling God's purpose for my life, I'm finding out there are simply things I just shouldn't expect. So, what should you do when you feel this way? Find out more inside...
Most people who know me know I'm an eternal optimist and Woman of Faith. I believe if God made me a promise it most certainly will come to past. However, the more I'm on this journey to fulfilling God's purpose for my life, I'm finding out there are simply things I just shouldn't expect.
God began to show me many times we are are disappointed when things don't go as we expected. Some even want to throw in the towel and give-up because they have placed their trust and confidence in others and who didn't come through as they expected. Now don't get me wrong, God can and will use others to help you along the way, but the key is not putting your expectation in people. Let your expectation be rooted in God and allow Him to align the right people, at the right time to help you fulfill your purpose and destiny. David said it like this in Psalms 62:5:
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
Remember even Jesus, God's son of purpose, experienced disappointment when it came to others, but He never let that stop him.
Here are 10 things not to expect:
1. Don't expect everyone to see your value and honor you.
2. Don't expect when fellowshipping all the fellows will want to get in your ship (Translation: Everyone won't like it).
3. Don't expect everyone to support you every time.
4. Don't expect everyone to know you by the Spirit. (Most person are not spiritually in tune)
5. Don't expect everyone to see your vision, even after you've revealed it to them.
6. Don't expect everyone to jump on board and help you fulfill your mission.
7. Don't expect to take everyone with you on your new level. Sometimes you will have to walk alone.
8. Don't expect that everyone will want to hear your message.
9. Don't expect everyone will see your gifts and what you can bring to the table.
10. Don't expect anything of value to come easy when others are involve.
Your Success Coaching Minute:
- Identify the areas in your life where you have put all your expectation in people.
- What has been your response?
- What do you do when others let you down?
© Tarsha L. Campbell, All Rights Reserved, Use only with permission
About Tarsha Campbell
Prophetess Tarsha L. Campbell is a dynamic, God-appointed Woman of Destiny. With this mandate she humbly serves as a licensed minister, powerful Bible teacher, inspirational speaker, certified Christian life coach, and ministry and business consultant.
God recently blessed my family with a beautiful new home for which we are very grateful. On the way home the other day I glanced through the rear view mirror and saw a vehicle from a business I used to work at several years ago. One of my responsibilities was to drive this HUGE vehicle, which I didn't particularly like to do because I'm a very small woman. However, what could I do? Duty called and I answered. Plus the job was easy and my family needed the additional salary, even though it wasn't that much.
We are living in such a wonderful period in history! With waves of new technology, it's easy to access things that were previously out of reach. We can communicate with people around the globe in a matter of seconds, with the internet you can take an online class or conduct business while sitting at home in your pajamas. You can also reach countless people with the gospel 24/7 via the endless possibilities made available through technology. It's simply remarkable the advancements we have made in the last 10 years! Now my question to you is, "As a leader, are you being left behind?" Read more inside...
I once heard a preacher say, "You have to see it before you see it". What he was basically talking about was the importance of having a vision when pursuing any thing in your life. I personally think having a vision can't be underestimated. It is one of the foundational building blocks when creating the life you want and the life God has prepared for you. Read more inside...